Thursday, January 19, 2006

Hi, Folks! I've created this blog to showcase my ATCs. For those of you who have no idea what that means, they are artist trading cards. The are miniature works of art, 2-1/2 x 3-1/2 inches in size, and may have a theme or may not. They can be whatever you want them to be, artistically. And what you do with them is swap with another ATC artist. There is no money involved, other than what it cost you to make the card. Here's a link to a site that explains them more precisely http://www.cedarseed.com/air/atc.html. As soon as I find a little time, (I've been stretched thinner than a blade of grass these days!)I'll get to posting photos of the cards I've made and swapped.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie Carter said...

Good idea, Cookie.

I've followed you here like a loyal spaniel. :)

Julie

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

(pat, pat, pat...good girl!) *wink*

When you get into making your own (notice I'm being optimistic here), you should do the same - this way it keeps things copesthetic and nicely delineated (I'm in a big word mood today)

Thanks for following me!
and just make your cards, already. you'll be glad you did. they really are alot of fun. I'm dying of curiousity to see what I get back - I'm hoping I won't be disappointed (hmmm, a brief mood swing to pessimistic here). I've done about 60 cards already in the last 3 or so weeks - they go together really fast.
Cookie

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Annie! Always good to see you drop by, brings a smile to my face!
So, my advice to you - get to it! These little cards a such fun to make, and totally addictive once you get going. I dying of curiousity to see what I get back from the swap, too. Every time I browse through an ATC gallery I'm awestruck. Some of them are really awesome works of art. What's great is the challenge of working small - it forces you to think outside the box, so to say. It's a good mind stretch! So get busy! You're only limited by your own imagination. Even if you don't have stuff to cut and paste, you can always draw, too. I plan to start doing that as soon as I get all my swap respoinsibilities taken care of and I start making my own "private" collection.

Well, ta for now. Be well!

bests,
Cookie

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home